Home Insurance

Home insurance is something every homeowner should have, and often are required to have by their mortgage company. What homeowners insurance covers and does not cover is often misunderstood. Home insurance covers damage to your home and separate structures on your property, such as a detached garage, caused by wind, fire, vandalism and other losses.
Home insurance also covers:
  • Your personal property, regardless of whether it’s in your home or located elsewhere. This includes items stolen from your car, which is not covered by your auto insurance.
  • Personal liability for injury or property damage affecting someone else, on or off your property. It includes injury or damage caused by you or members of your household, including injury or damage caused by your pets (pets that have been deemed “vicious” may be excluded).
  • Medical costs for people injured at your residence (other than residents of your household), regardless of who is liable.
  • Depending on policy type, additional living expenses (up to 12 or 24 months) if a covered loss makes your home unfit to live in.
  • Sudden and accidental discharges of water — freezing pipes, for example — are generally covered. Leaks that occur over time and cause mold or other damage occurring over time generally are not covered. Although we do offer a “slow leak” endorsements to cover this type of damage.
Optional coverage available as part of home insurance:
  • Although property is covered under home insurance, the amount of coverage for expensive items such as jewelry, silverware, cameras and guns is limited. Optional “floaters”  can be purchased to provide additional coverage for expensive items specifically listed in your policy.
  • Backup of sewer lines and drains.
  • Identity theft, credit card and public-records monitoring, and identity or travel-document replacement.
  • Home insurance limits coverage for property used to generate income. 
  • Homeowners with surrounding wild lands should consider additional liability coverage in case people using your property (even without your permission) for hiking, four wheeling, hunting, snowmobiling and other activities are injured or suffer property damage.
Home insurance does not cover:
  • Earthquakes or floods, which can be covered with separate insurance. Flood coverage is provided by the federal government through the National Flood Insurance Program. Sudden water damage from broken pipes generally is covered by home insurance. Slow leaks that cause mold and other damage over time typically are not covered.
  • Claims exceeding the limits of your policy. For example extensive damage to a neighboring property in addition to extensive damage to your own property. An umbrella policy provides additional liability protection. Umbrella policies are a good idea for anyone with extensive assets or income that could be seized to fulfill a sizable liability exceeding the limits of your home or auto insurance.
Don't know what types of insurance you need? Call us and we will help you navigate the different policy options to determine what is best to protect your vehicles and family!
Call RG Insurance Group at 303-779-4200 or Click Here to have someone reach out to you!

RG Insurance Group

Highlands Ranch Home Insurance & Castle Rock Home Insurance

© 2018 by Endeavor Consulting, Inc. 

  • RG Insurance Instagram
  • RG Insurance Group Facebook
  • Rick Gillit Insurance

Highlands Ranch Insurance | Castle Rock Insurance | Colorado Insurance | Colorado Car Insurance | Colorado Home Insurance | Highlands Ranch Car Insurance | Highlands Ranch Home Insurance | Highlands Ranch Commercial Insurance | Highlands Ranch Life Insurance | Highlands Ranch Farmers Agent |Highlands Ranch Insurance Agent | Highlands Ranch Insurance Agency